How is facial allergy manifested?
Allergic reactions on the body appear due to the activity of the immune system, which in every possible way tries to protect the body from harmful influences from the outside. Moreover, there are more and more factors that can provoke allergic reactions every year. When rashes appear somewhere on the body – it’s not so bad, but when an allergy occurs on the face , urgent action is needed, especially for girls, because everyone wants to be the owner of clean and smooth skin.
Different reasons – different manifestations
Anything can cause a rash on your face, but the most common allergens include:
– food products or individual components that make up their composition;
– animal hair;
– pollen of indoor or outdoor plants;
– dust, or rather a mite living in it;
– cold or sun;
– household chemicals;
– nervous disorders, stress;
Usually, allergic reactions are felt immediately, but manifestations are possible after some time. The main symptoms can be considered the appearance of itching, swelling, redness. Further, rashes appear, and depending on the “provocateur”, the symptoms of an allergy on the face may look different:
– peeling of the skin, which is usually called dermatitis. May occur as a reaction to chemical components that make up the detergent, washing powder or fabric softener;
– isolated acne. Usually, by the age of 25, the hormonal background is normalized, and the skin of the face becomes more or less clean. Separate inflamed acne can appear if there are problems with the balance of hormones, more often in girls. Or, as a reaction to stressful situations;
– a small rash that covers some area of the skin. It can be either dry or in the form of tiny bubbles with liquid. This is usually the case for allergies to cosmetics or food. Most often, this type of allergy manifests itself on the cheeks, chin or bridge of the nose.
What are the actions to take?
In no case should you self-medicate! Appropriate treatment should be prescribed by a doctor, so you need to make an appointment as soon as possible. In the meantime, it was not possible to find out what are the causes of allergies on the face , you can use some tips to soothe the skin and relieve itching.
1. Stop using cosmetics that could provoke a reaction (possibly from a new company, not previously used). Failure to do so can further aggravate the situation and even damage your skin.
2. Exclude from the diet foods that are considered common allergens: eggs, oranges and tangerines, red vegetables and fruits, meat and fish, etc.
3. To reduce the “suffering” of the face before going to the doctor, you need to cleanse the skin with cotton pads and kefir diluted with water. In this case, the water should be slightly warm, and the kefir should not be very sour. Never use soaps and creams.
4. Compresses based on a decoction of chamomile or string will help relieve puffiness and soothe itching. Keep the compress for 10-20 minutes, and gauze or cotton wool, which are applied to the affected area, moisten every 2-3 minutes.
5. To speed up the restoration of the skin, it is recommended to take calcium. The doctor will be able to prescribe the necessary drug and dosage.
Whatever caused an allergic reaction on the face , it is important to identify the allergen in time and begin an adequate, qualified treatment. This is the only way to normalize the functioning of the immune system and prevent or reduce such reactions of the body in the future.